These Terms are an agreement between you and U-tec Group Inc. In these Terms references to “U-tec” “us”, “we” and “our” mean U-tec Group Inc. These Terms give you specific legal rights. You may also have other rights, which vary from jurisdiction to jurisdiction.
2. Types of Information Collected
We may collect the following personal and device information through our smart device, mobile applications, and web applications (our "Products" or "Services") and from visitors to our website www.u-tec.com (the "Site")
Personal & Account Information
- Information you provide during device setup, such as your name, email address, phone number and the location of each device.
- Information necessary to complete a purchase from our Site, and other information necessary to complete your transaction, as well as any other information that you choose to provide to us when making a purchase.
- If you are invited to create an account from the owner of a U-tec product we will collect your name and email address from the U-tec user that invited you. Your email address and other account details will be obtained directly from you during the setup process, provided that you accept the invitation.
- Unique identifiers such as your user name and password.
- Your fingerprint may be collected through the device. All fingerprint information is encrypted and stored securely in the device or U-Cloud if you use Clone feature in mobile app to copy them from one device to another. Your fingerprint encrypted data will never be shared to any third party.
- Device Information, such as model and serial number, the device’s network information (including IP address), device activity logs, and historic and current device configuration.
- Information about your mobile device such as your mobile device ID (which is similar to a website IP address), device type, operating system, and mobile service carrier as well as your location if you activate features including Auto Unlock, Magic Shake and Knock to Open etc.
3. How U-tec Collects Your Information
If you have filled out forms on our website, signed up on our mobile app or contacted us by phone or email, you may be providing us with information about you, which may include personal information. This includes information you provide when you register on the U-tec website or mobile app, register or return a U-tec product, subscribe to any of our services, search for a product, place an order on our website, downloaded software and apps, reported a problem with the U-tec website or our products, or requested support.
We may automatically collect information when you use the U-tec website or mobile app, such as technical information, including the IP address used to connect your computer or other device to the Internet, browser type and version, time zone setting, operating system and platform and language preferences. This information is all normally provided by your web browser or smartphone, and we do not specifically request it. Other information collected include data regarding your visit to the U-tec website, including the URL clickstream to, through and from our website, products you viewed or searched for, page response times, length of visits to certain pages, videos watched, and methods used to browse away from the page.
Cookies, Other Web Tools
We use automatic data collection tools like cookies, embedded web links and widgets. These tools collect information that your browser or your mobile device sends to the U-tec website, such as computer IP address, browser type, and service provider. We may use web tools to identify the user's country and language and distinguish you from other visitors to the U-tec website. We also use web tools to save your registration information for future use on our website. To optimize your browsing experience by preloading certain features of our website and services on future visits to make loading times faster and more efficient. These tools help us customize and provide you with a more personal experience when visiting the U-tec website. Web tools help us analyze website traffic, such as number of visitors.
It may be necessary for legal purposes for U-tec to disclose your personal information. We may also disclose information about you if we determine that for purposes of law enforcement, or other issues of public importance, disclosure is necessary or appropriate. We may also disclose your information if we determine that disclosure is necessary to enforce our terms and conditions. Furthermore, in the event of a corporate merger, company restructure, or sale we may transfer any and all personal information we collect to the relevant third party.
4. How U-tec Uses Your Information
We collect the information identified above and use it for the following purposes:
- Provide you user services and improve the U-tec Product functionality and user experience.
- To fulfill orders and process payments for the sale of Products or Services from our Site.
- Administer your account and back-up your data.
- Record log entries for your information and troubleshooting issues with your device.
- Send you notifications through the U-tec app. You can manage your preferences within the mobile app settings.
- Send you marketing communications, where permitted by applicable law.
- To conduct research and analysis to better understand how users access and use our Site and Products, both on an aggregated and individualized basis, in order to improve our Site, our Products, create new features, provide you new offerings, respond to user preferences, and to protect your data.
- Respond to your questions and concerns and provide customer support.
5. Choices You Have to Limit Information Collection
Some features of our app use location-based data. If you allow these services, we will use information about the Wi-Fi routers and cell IDs of the towers closest to you. We use this information to facilitate the device’s features including Auto Unlock, Magic Shake and Knock to Open etc., for customer support related to our Products. You may disable location services within your phone’s settings menu.
6. Retention of Personal Information
7. Your California Privacy Rights
California law permits residents of California to request certain details about how their information is shared with third parties for direct marketing purposes. U-tec does not share your personally identifiable information with third parties for the third parties’ direct marketing purposes unless you provide us with consent to do so.
8. Security of Your Information
The security of your personal information is important to us. We follow generally accepted industry standards to protect the information transmitted to us, both during transmission and upon receipt. No method of transmission or electronic storage is 100% secure. Therefore, we cannot guarantee its absolute security. If you have any questions about the security of our Products can contact us at email@example.com.
10. Contact Us
U-tec Group Inc.
44292 Fremont Blvd
Fremont, CA 94538