My fingerprint doesn't work on Ultraloq UL3/ UL3 BT/ UL3-BT(2nd Gen)Smart Lock.
If your fingerprint fails to unlock your Ultraloq UL3/UL3-BT/ UL3-BT(2nd Gen), please read this article to solve the problem.
Here are some possible reasons and solutions.
1. If your fingerprint works sometimes, here are some tips.
1) It is highly recommended to follow the illustration below to register and verify your fingerprint properly. Make sure your finger is flatly placed in the center of the reader with some pressure for a better identification.
2) If your fingerprint is dry, please try to moisturize it by touching your forehead.
3) If your fingerprint is dirty, please try to clean it.
4) You might need to delete your fingerprint and register it again if you didn't follow the instruction above during registration.
a. It is recommended that each user registers two or more fingerprints.
b. Avoid the callus, peeling or injured finger to ensure the registration and identification successful.
2. If your fingerprint never works, it is most likely it hasn't been registered. Please register again.
Common Causes of Low-Approval Fingerprint Verification
The following are some circumstances that can increase the chance of fingerprints being rejected:
> Frequently washing/disinfecting hands.
> Activities that require the use of the fingertips such as weight-lifting, rock climbing, gardening, or playing guitar.
> Frequent or regular handling of paper or typing.
> Exposures to chemicals, such as bleach, chlorine, acetone, antibacterial products.
> Age: Skin becomes smoother, and ridges become harder to capture with age.
Tips for Successful Finger Verification
Here are some tips for how to place your fingerprint in a proper way during fingerprint registration and verification, which will help a lot in use.
1. It is highly recommended to follow the illustration below to register your fingerprint properly. Make sure your finger is flatly placed in the center of the reader with some pressure for better identification.
2. Please follow the correct way each time to ensure a high acceptance rate.
3. It is recommended that each user registers two or more fingerprints.
4. Please note that dry, wet, oily or dirty fingers may affect fingerprint identification.
5. Avoid the callus, peeling or injured finger to ensure the registration and identification successful.
6. In case of a low recognition rate, please delete the originally registered fingerprint and register it again.
And you can see the below video to learn how to use the fingerprint well.
Troubleshooting for Failed Fingerprinting
If you have referred the tips above and are still get failure notifications while scanning the fingerprint, please follow the steps below.
Step 1. Power cycle your lock by removing and reinserting one of the batteries. If the battery is low, please replace them with brand new ones.
Step 2. Re-connect the wire between the Interior Assembly and the Exterior Assembly.
Step 3. Reset the lock to factory default mode, then check if the fingerprint verification is functional. In factory default mode, any fingerprints can unlock the lock.
Step 4. To verify the fingerprint function, you can check by using other users' fingers.
When you touch the fingerprint reader don't get any response, please submit the request, Ultraloq Support Team will help you further.
Note: Most people following these tips will have significantly improved their fingerprint verification rate. There is a tiny percentage (about .1%) of people that will not produce acceptable prints.